Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Cravings

We all get cravings.. its part of life. Right now I am craving a huge slice of coconut cake from Brickstreet Cafe, but I know that I will not be getting a piece of this cake until August 23rd... My 32nd birthday and the one huge splurge that I am allowing myself.  We have to live, we have to splurge and we can't beat ourselves up over it. There will always be situations where we have to make a choice to fight the urge or to give in. Sometimes that urge is stronger than other times and we are weak, so we eat something that is not on plan. Other times we are so strong and not tempted by the things that will only bring us down in the long run.

I get cravings mostly at night. When the kids are in bed, i am vegging on the couch or blogging, and then that sneaky little thought comes into my mind... "what can I eat?" "I am hungry... what containers do I have left?" Usually its green and then I decide I don't want veggies at 10pm.  I work hard to fight off the temptation to eat at night. One of my biggest downfalls is cereal. Not the healthy kind, the sugar packed, put you in a diabetic coma type of cereal. I love a bowl of cereal at night, but I have to fight the urge. I also don't buy a lot of sugary cereal because sugar really affects my boys. I try to keep to to 10 grams of sugar or less, but it is still sugar.

Anyway.. we all have cravings and things we battle when it comes to eating. We are all human and we are all on a journey to become a better version of ourselves. So keep up the good work! YOU ARE WORTH IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment