Monday, May 5, 2014

Goat Cheese Burgers

Goat Cheese Burger
This was my own recipe. 

Some days you just need a burger. This was one of those days. I got lean ground beef and herb goat cheese. I measured out my blue container of cheese and weighed my burger before it was cooked (this one was 8 oz because I needed 2 reds)

I made my burger patty and then sliced it in half. I put the cheese in the middle and then pinched the edges together to seal all that good yummy cheese inside. I didn't have any yellows left for the day so I picked some lettuce from the garden and didn't even miss my bun. While my husband grilled burgers I made fries and sauteed kale. 

The kale was just a little olive oil, garlic and Kale and I sauteed it until it wilted down. 

For the fries, I did something new. I cut the potatoes and soaked them for about 30 minutes in cold water. This draws the starch out of them and lets them crisp up. I used a raised baking rack on a cookie sheet and lined my potatoes on the rack. I sprayed them lightly with olive oil spray and lightly salted them. I cooked them for 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees. The rack allows them to crisp all the way around without having to flip them. 

This counted as 2 Reds, 1 Yellow, 1 Green, 1 Blue  1 Purple

No comments:

Post a Comment